Saturday 22 March 2014

Lush The Golden Egg Review

This is the second product that I tried from Lush's Easter collection for 2014. It's a sparkly, egg shaped bath bomb/bath melt which has the same honey-toffee scent as Honey I Washed the Kids. This retails for in the £3.50 UK.




The Product


First off, the sparkles on this are VERY MESSY. They got absolutely everywhere, and are now ingrained into the rubber bits on my camera, which I'm not too happy about. Anyway, this has a very pleasant honey scent, which is very sweet, but luxurious, it's still quite strong in the bath, and transfers onto the skin afterwards, which is nice.


I couldn't capture how sparkly the water was, but you can see it a little here

This is a really slow fizzer, but that's because the bath melt bit is on the outside, and then the bath bomb bit is on the inside. I think it took about 10-15 minutes for this to completely dissolve! I didn't mind that, you can just get in the bath while its melting/fizzing so you don't get too bored. The bits of glitter create a beautiful lustre to the water, which is pretty identical to the result you get with Sunnyside, just without the bubbles. I also found this bath very moisturising, and I could feel the softness of the water. You will have to rinse out the bath afterwards to get rid of the glitter particles, but that's not really surprising. The glitter will transfer onto your skin, so I think this is a fabulous product to use before a night out, or a special occasion if you want to add a bit of lustre to your skin.


The Verdict


I really liked this! Lovely scent, lovely sunny, yellow water and I liked the sparkles (when they were in the water). Picking this bath bomb up is an absolute nightmare, and you will get glitter all over your hands, clothes, face... I'd recommend rubber gloves for handling it if you don't want to ruin your camera like I did.


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. The scent is wonderful, but I completely agree with you about the Sparkle - it goes EVERYWHERE :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'll reward you with chocolate and love.