Friday 23 May 2014

Benefit Gimme Brow Review

I only started defining my eyebrows last summer, but it really is an amazing thing. It's a bit like lipstick, if you whack a bit on, then you're going to look like you've spent ten times longer on your make up than you actually have. The same goes for defining your eyebrows. The only problem is, I find that using a pencil or powder isn't a quick task, and if I'm pushed for time I usually end up settling for a bit of blush and mascara over doing my eyebrows. For this reason, I'm all about products that save time: BB cream, eyeshadow pencils...that kinda thing. So, when I saw Benefit Gimme Brow advertised, I knew I had to get it. Something that you can just brush through your eyebrows, but will adhere to your skin and hair to make your brows look fuller? Amazing.




The Packaging


I'm a bit non-plussed by the packaging, it's not particularly exciting and it's so small!! It doesn't really look like a full sized product, and I don't really understand why it costs £17...but I can't complain, I bought the thing.


The Product


The applicator is a really tiny spoolie. It reminds me of the brush you get with the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara. It's tapered at the end so you can alter the shapes of your eyebrows, if you want to. Then you are supposed to brush through your brows to disperse the product. I like the shape of my brows, so I skip the first step and just enhance what I've got. It takes all of a few seconds to do each eyebrow, so it's fantastic. It has a bit of hold as well, so it will help keep your brows neat all day, which is great for me, because the hairs on my brows always get brushed down, which looks scruffy. 

I really like the result of this, it's really natural. Don't get me wrong, you can build this to get a very bold brow, but as it doesn't create harsh lines, it looks like you were born with bushy eyebrows. I bought the darkest colour, which is a little darker than my natural colour, so I will stick to one coat when I wear this, I felt like two was a bit much.

The formula is a bet wet, so I think you'd be better off sticking to powder or pencil if you want to change the shape of your eyebrows, I just don't think you'll be able to get the right amount of control with a wet product and this kind of applicator. That said, it has never smudged on me, I wore this and went on a 35 kilometre bike ride on a sunny day (I like to really put my make up to the test) and it stayed put.

Here I've applied Gimme Brow to my right (your left) eyebrow and left my other eyebrow natural.

The Verdict


This is a really great quick fix for brow enthusiasts. I prefer the result I get with powder, as I can tailor the colour to me and I can make alterations to the shape. But this is really great for those times I can't be bothered/ don't have time, which is 90% of the time!


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I've been so tempted to try this product for so long. I'm all about quick and easy, and it looks so beautiful and natural on you! Also, I think I've mentioned this once before but I wanted to say again that I think it is so cool that you post in English and French!
    Happy Sunday!
    Xo, Dani

    www.theloveoflipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS such a quick and easy product. I have used it so much lately, because I can't quite face actually spending time on my eyebrows!!! Thanks so much :)

      Delete

Leave a comment! I'll reward you with chocolate and love.