Monday 30 June 2014

Sunny Sunday: Picnic and OOTD

Last Sunday, it turned out to be a really nice, sunny day (which is completely to be expected in the North East of England!) so Ant and I decided to take an obscene amount of pork pies and root vegetable crisps down to Saltwell Park near Gateshead and have a little picnic. We sat in the part next to Saltwell Towers, which I presume used to be a stately home, but now it houses the café and some conference rooms. After enjoying our food and soaking up some of the English sun, we explored the park a little bit. I've never been there, but I thought it was beautiful, especially the lake. The winding, flower-lined paths and streams reminded me of Middle Earth (I'm a massive Lord of the Rings fan), which I really appreciated. I've always wanted to be an elf.





Just enjoying a pasty


Anyway, I thought I'd share with you the outfit that I put together for that day. I had recently bought some Mom jeans, which I had been umm-ing and ahh-ing about for about a year, but I am so glad that I bought them. As with many trends, especially those that aren't completely mainstream, I worried that I wasn't slim enough to wear Mom jeans, but they are actually super flattering and make a really nice change from skinny jeans. They are very high waisted, so you don't have to worry about showing off too much midriff if you fancy wearing a crop top with them, but because they aren't skin tight, you don't have to worry about getting weird lumps from tucking in your shirt. I think they are just the perfect summer jeans, especially because they are quite a light blue and just look really laid back and cool. I wore these with a camisole from H&M, which is super girly and frilly, I can't find it on their website, but this is similar. On top of my cami, I wore my favourite kimono from New Look, which is just gorgeous and floaty and adds some texture to the outfit. This is definitely still in store, but I can't find it online, but this is very similar. You can't see them in the photo, but I wore these awesome sandals on my feet. They are so comfy, and just look great with everything!



I've actually gone a bit mad lately and I finally have a tripod, so expect a lot more outfit posts from me in the future. I'm really experimenting with my style at the moment, so I really want to share my endeavours with you! Let me know if there's anything you want to see.








3 comments:

  1. Lovely little post - your photos are great. Such a cute outfit too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan too and always love getting lost in little wooded bits especially if there are ruins near by! I've also been looking for some 'Mom jeans' for so long but can't find any nice ones :(

    www.enjoytheminuscule.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I'm glad I'm not the only one! Well mine are from Topshop, but if those are no good for you then I've seen loads on eBay! I hope that helps :)

      Delete

Leave a comment! I'll reward you with chocolate and love.