Sunday 6 July 2014

Revlon Scented Nail Enamel Review

Today's guest post is from the lovely Kia. Go and check out her blog Make Me Up Kia right now!

Hello lovely Elsa Pell readers. I'm guest posting for Kate today but before I get started I think I better introduce myself. My name is Kia (pronounced k-eye-er) and I'm a beauty blogger from the South-West of England. I love drinking too much tea, watching New Girl and obsessing over Suki Waterhouse's hair. That's enough rambling anyway, read on to see what I think of the new Revlon Parfumerie polishes. J'espère que vous l'aimerez!




Revlon have recently launched a collection of 16 scented nail polishes. What drew me first to them wasn't the scent aspect but the packaging. Look at how cute they look! The scents are divided into 3 categories - Fruits & Florals, Freshes and Sweet & Spices. The one I've picked up is 'Surf Spray' which falls in the 'Freshes' group.

In terms of scent, it really does what it says on the tin. The surf spray fragrance lasts around two days and begins once the polish has dried. It's a lovely fresh scent similar to the Bumble and bumble Surf Spray. Although, I do think it's a bit of a weird concept, who wants to go round sniffing their nails - cue weird looks.

The formula is quite thin and the polish goes on sheer at first. The staying power is average and the polish needs 3 coats for full opaqueness.

The colour is a beautiful sea-like blue, perfect for summer days spent by a pool/beach. Don't let the gimmicky scent put you off, the colour range in the Parfumerie collection is gorgeous. Definitely worth checking out next time you're in Boots!

Would you try scent nail polish?

2 comments:

  1. I would! The smell of nail polish can give me a headache sometimes,so maybe this would be a good alternative.Also,the packaging is gorgeous! x

    whimsicalmrsw.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try them too! Their shades are very pretty and I want to smell them :)

    Kisses, Kali
    | Kali's inspiration board |

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'll reward you with chocolate and love.